Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Go

Like many of you, I was born and raised in a family who serves God, with parents who read and teach the Word. I gave my life to the Lord at a young age, am surrounded by Godly people, and continually see God work in amazing ways.

But I just as easily could have been a starving child in Africa. Or a dying homeless woman on the street, without a clue about Jesus. Or an inmate, with a life of imprisonment ahead of me. Or... any of the many other people who have never heard or seen a true representation of Who Jesus really is.

I don't know why God didn't put me somewhere like that, but what I do know is He didn't put me here to stay here forever. I know Jesus. You know Jesus. Therefore, we have an extremely huge responsibility to take Jesus to the corners of the earth. The darkest, most hateful, lonely, and painful corners.

I love my community, my church, my family, my ministry, but I know that I must carry God's love and shine His light into places where it isn't known. To know is to be responsible, therefore we are all responsible.

I need to leave. We need to leave. There will always be plenty of us staying, but we will always need more to go. Yes, we need to minister wherever we are right now, but this truth does not give us a ticket to always stay where we are. Jesus said, "Go ye into all the world..." He didn't say, "Stay in your communities and preach the gospel." He said go.

I know it's uncomfortable, it's scary, and it's not very fun to hear, but it's the truth. Jesus said it, we have to do it.

1 comment: